“MARNIX and ALLY” BVBA (hereinafter referred to as "[MARNIX and ALLY]", "we" or "us") adopts this privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as the “Privacy Statement”), which aims to (i) transparently inform users about the website hosted at the following address: www.marnixandally.com, (hereinafter the "Website"), and (ii) about how personal data is collected and processed by MARNIX and ALLY.
The term "User" refers to any user, whether a natural or legal person, who visits the Website or interacts with the Website in any way.
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as the “Privacy Statement”) applies inter alia to (i) the Website and (ii) all (commercial) relationships between MARNIX and ALLY and its customers, prospects and business partners.
This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data that MARNIX and ALLY collects, as well as the methods that MARNIX and ALLY employs when using and processing the personal data.
MARNIX and ALLY would like to emphasise that it always endeavours to act in accordance with the “Privacy Legislation”, namely (i) the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy relating to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (i.e., the General Data Protection Regulation "GDPR"; hereinafter referred to as the "Regulation”), and (iii) the (future) Belgian legislation concerning the implementation of the aforementioned Regulation.
Visiting the Website, using the services of MARNIX and ALLY, subscribing to the newsletter of MARNIX and ALLY and communicating with MARNIX and ALLY in any way implies your explicit consent (through confirmation of your personal information or opting in) to the Privacy Statement and thus to the way in which MARNIX and ALLY collects, uses and processes your personal data.
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA
MARNIX and ALLY may collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Company name
- Company address
- Invoice address
- VAT number
- Fields Of Play (FOP)
- Social media data (profile information)
- Clothing size
- Shoe size
- Any other personal data voluntarily transferred to MARNIX and ALLY (e.g. during correspondence)
2. METHODS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
The personal data is collected when or in relation to:
- Visiting the Website
- Subscribing to the newsletter (whether or not via the Website)
- Collaboration with MARNIX and ALLY
- Correspondence with and from MARNIX and ALLY
- Exchanging business cards
- Registering for events, etc.
- Requesting an offer
- Visiting the building / branch
The personal data that MARNIX and ALLY collects is thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you. Providing specific personal data is (in some cases) a condition that allows the user to benefit from certain services (e.g. to access certain sections of the Website, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in particular activities and events). When providing personal data, it is indicated which data is mandatory and which is optional.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation, the purposes of processing personal data are communicated to the User. The purposes are the following:
- To conclude an agreement with MARNIX and ALLY (including the follow-up thereof)
- To answer questions (whether or not asked through the contact form)
- To optimise the quality, management and content of the Website
- To send newsletters, invitations, press releases, press kits, etc.
- Statistical purposes
- For drawing up and sending personalised offers
- Sending invoices and collecting payments
- To confirm registration for an event, etc.
- Registration of visitors to the building / branch office
- To set up an account and send the confirmation thereof
- For the distribution of targeted marketing and advertising
Processing the data is carried out on the legal bases set out below, as appropriate:
- You have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing is necessary to conclude the agreement with MARNIX and ALLY or to take specific measures at your request prior to the conclusion of an agreement.
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation incumbent on MARNIX and ALLY.
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- Processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of MARNIX and ALLY or of a third party, except where your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal data outweigh those interests (in particular when you are a minor).
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
MARNIX and ALLY will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless this is required for the preparation of the agreement and the optimisation thereof (such as but not limited to clients of MARNIX and ALLY). In the above context, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software suppliers, cloud partners, transport partners, insurance company, service providers (event partner, photographer, graphic designer, translation agency, copywriter, etc.).
If it is necessary for MARNIX and ALLY to disclose your personal data to third parties in this context, the third party in question is obliged to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
However, without prejudice to the foregoing, MARNIX and ALLY may disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) when MARNIX and ALLY is obligated to do so by law or in the context of judicial or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend the rights of MARNIX and ALLY.
- When MARNIX and ALLY or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data collected by MARNIX and ALLY will be one of the transferred assets.
- In all other cases, MARNIX and ALLY will not sell, rent or transfer your personal data to third parties unless (i) it has obtained your consent to do so and (ii) it has entered into a data processing agreement with the relevant third party, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliant treatment of your personal data.
5. CROSS-BORDER PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient residing or having its registered office in a country not covered by an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission will be governed by provisions of a data transfer agreement, which will either (i) contain the standard contractual clauses set out in the ‘European Commission Decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’ or (ii) provide appropriate safeguards by any other mechanism pursuant to the Privacy Act or any other regulation governing the processing of personal data.
6. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) by compliance with another legal obligation, MARNIX and ALLY will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement under ‘3. Use of personal data’.
7. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In accordance with Article 15 of the Regulation, MARNIX and ALLY guarantees the following privacy rights within the framework of the processing of your personal data and the following information:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to rectify, complete or update your personal data;
- Right to have your personal data deleted (‘right to be forgotten’);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/against the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please contact email@example.com. When the User submits this request electronically, the data will be provided in electronic form and for general use, unless the User requests otherwise. The copy of the data will be communicated to the User no later than one month after receipt of the request.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge using the above form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about MARNIX and ALLY’s services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of every email from MARNIX and ALLY. .
8. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
MARNIX and ALLY is committed to taking appropriate and reasonable physical, technological and organisational security measures to prevent (i) unauthorised or unlawful access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
MARNIX and ALLY will keep all personal data it has collected in the central database, on the server.
Notwithstanding (i) the security policy of MARNIX and ALLY, (ii) the checks it carries out and (iii) the actions it performs in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or transmission over the Internet, nor any method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, meaning that MARNIX and ALLY cannot guarantee absolute security within this framework.
9. UPDATES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
MARNIX and ALLY is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website. It is therefore strongly recommended that you regularly check the Websites and the relevant page where the Privacy Statement is displayed to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
10. REFERENCES TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you can possibly be redirected to another website or internet source that may collect information about you, either knowingly or via cookies or other technologies. MARNIX and ALLY does not bear any responsibility, liability or control over these other websites or internet sources, nor is it responsible or liable for the subsequent collection, use and dissemination of your personal data. You should therefore check the privacy policies of these other websites and internet sources yourself in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Laws.
11. CONTACT MARNIX AND ALLY
If you have any questions or comments about the Privacy Statement or about the methods that MARNIX and ALLY employs to collect, use or process your personal data, please contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By post: MARNIX and ALLY, Le Grellelei 5 (v2), 2600 Antwerp, Attn. Mrs. An-Katrien Dullers.
If you are in any way dissatisfied with the manner in which MARNIX and ALLY has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about the way MARNIX and ALLY collects, uses or processes your data, you can lodge a complaint with the Belgian supervisory authority, i.e. the national data protection authority.